Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 3

Ok so I'm a bit late in documenting buttttt anyone starting this journey can agree it's not easy but it CAN be done.As a new mommy I did this whole breastfeeding thing WRONG and need to work my way backwards in order to go forward.My daughter was born at 36 weeks via emergency c section. My milk didn't come in... And I made a decision I will always regret. I gave her formula... Being a nicu baby she was given a "nifty" paci and well the poor kids confused.... We then go home only to be frustrated by 45+ min breastfeeding sessions...which in retrospect I should have sucked them up. I discovered she was allergic to her supplemental formula so we switch around alot and in this shifting my milk supply plumbits...baby won't latch at all bc there's no milk... :(After all this I made a decision to relactate. After all she's only 4 mths. And does a billion times better on breast milk.... Here's our story...Day 3 of domperidone 4 tabs 3x a day.Day 1: .11 mlDay 2: .25 mlDay 3: .44 ml

No comments:

Post a Comment